Saturday, October 7, 2017

MGBK's Family Event .

Assalamualaikum and hai ! 

All of sudden I have the desire to update my so-called "dusty blog". Lots of things occurred for the past two years. I've graduated and posted to Chinese school in Selangor. I lost my beloved mom last year (Al-Fatihah) and etc. But then, I'm still grateful for everything and I tend to focus on the positive sides of my life. Please pray for me too :)

So, this is my second program with the Majlis Guru Bimbingan & Kaunseling (MGBK)'s family. First, I joined their event in Bukit Cerakah. From there, they asked me to write my details so that I can join them for the next event. So, here I am... I received a letter from PPD, where I need to attend a camp for 3 days and 2 nights at Kem Harmony Excellence, Janda Baik. At first, I thought that 40 of us need to become the facilitators for the event. But then, during the briefing I was told that we'll only have to attend a slot on the second day. So ? HOLIDAY MODE ON ! Hihi :)

There were not much that we can do. So, we decided to just sleep in the dorm. And guess what. 5 of us overslept ! From Zuhr till Asr. The weather is too nice, where sleep cannot be avoided :') Because of that, we missed the chance to visit the village with others .


My roommates (Kak Salina is not in the picture) :)

On the next day, we need to attend our slots (santai only coz they're dealing with the makcik makcik and not the students). So, NO STRESS at all. Hihi ! Me & Helmi are the youngest during the camp. Most of the makcik makcik there had children with the same age with both of us. So, we're treated like their children and the younger ones treated us like their sister and brother. I love it since I could not have the chance to experience this in my Chinese school.


During the Training of Trainer's (TOT) Program on the second day :)

That evening, Kak Gayah (the red scarf) asked us (the overslept group) and others to go to her old friend's house there to eat lempeng. It's raining that time and we're quite hungry . So, all of us agreed and went there to fill our tummies. Yummmmy ! There, the owner's daughter (Mary Kay's consultant) asked us to join her make up class and we were taught on how to wash our face correctly :') 


That's Kak Gayah (the otai and the funniest one) in the middle :)


Later that night, since we're free and have nothing to do (holiday, right ? hihi) . My roommates and I decided to go to the hall to support the student's cultural night event. There, I was able to chat with Encik Raazi one of the consultants (he looks like hori ! bena's friend) about the next program that night. He said that there'll be Ikrar Perwira & Solo Drop . I have no clues at all about Ikrar Perwira . So, Encik Raazi invited us to join the program to know more about it. Basically, he just need to provoke the students to encourage them to talk and protect their leader. Somehow, it's too funny to watch them crying :')

140 students need to persuade Encik Raazi for not sending their leaders home :')

Then, three of us (kak niza & kak dila) decided to join the solo drop. We're the only woman teachers and it's already 1.30. All makcik makcik sleep already :') Basically the students were left alone somewhere in the parking lot (it's too dangerous to leave them in the jungle due to their condition after crying and the timing is not too suitable for the primary school kids) with their eyes covered. I enjoyed this (of course as a teacher) since we were given VERY GOOD OPPORTUNITY to tease them and we can heard that they were reciting the Zikr loudly. Hihikks ! 

So, the next morning. The makcik makcik wake us up at 7am and asked us to join them to take a bath in the river. As we slept at 3am, we refused to wake up and continue our sleep until 10am :') . Later, we have the closing ceremony and get ready to go home after lunch. 

I love this camp (or holiday) so much. It's an event where I was treated like a family and learn a lot about counselors' life at school . They knew that I have limited right to apply the knowledge in my school since the environment is quite different and I have the responsibility to teach English in school. But, they were proud and happy that I am interested to join their next event. 

MGBK's family :)


Till next time,
azlinamilan.

No comments: